Laundry detergent pods such as Tide Pods were introduced in America market in 2010. The blue and red small packet with concentrated detergent contains hazards material which could poison kids. Those one-time-use pods usually sold at supermarket or superstore with each container contains about 90 pods and cost about $20.
Based on 1,008 reports of laundry detergent poisonings that were reported to poison centers between May 17 to June 17, 2012, CDC analyzed those reports and found almost half of those reports related to laundry detergent pods (i.e., Tide Pods). The study found 485 cases or representing 48% of all cases was due to laundry detergent pods. The remaining 523 cases or representing 52% of all cases were due to non-pod laundry detergent. The latest study is being published in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, a report provided by the CDC.
The CDC warned parents and caregivers to stay away from laundry detergent pods. The CDC believes that kids usually got their hands the pods and also took those concentrated detergent into their mouths. The side effects of laundry detergent pods pose high health risk to kids including vomiting, choking, coughing and become exhausting.
(Image: Tide Pods)