Forrester Research just published a study with a title "Digital Seniors" regarding the activities of senior citizens online. Researchers were surprised to see senior citizens go online very often and their knowledge of technology beyond what was originally thought. Senior citizens love to use technology to share information with their friends and family.
The study found that 60% of senior citizens prefer to access Internet which representing 21 million senior citizens in America. The remaining 40% of this age group do not care about the Internet.
Forrester researchers found that senior citizens have very different online activities than adults on daily basis. Senior citizen activities include using email, which representing 91% of seniors activities on daily basis. They also like to go shopping online, where 59% of this age group had bought something online in the last three months. Seniors also like to connect to friends and family members as 49% of this age group have a Facebook account. Sharing and sending photos via e-mail is part of seniors activities which representing 46% of their online activities. Seniors also love to play video game which representing 44% of their time using the Internet. Getting discount coupons is also one of those online activities which representing 24% of their online activities.
(Image: Forrester Research)